The kidney is one of the most important organs in the body. So it is very important to be aware of the kidneys, then the kidneys can keep you well. Today I will show the Best 10 foods for kidney health.
According to doctors, most chronic kidney disease patients are unaware that they have the disease. A poor diet increases the risk of chronic kidney disease. However, by choosing a healthy diet, already damaged kidneys can be restored to a healthy state.
Studies have shown that certain foods are very good for the kidneys. Here is a list of some foods that benefit the kidneys.
* Blueberry: This fruit keeps the kidneys healthy is an understatement, as it can also heal diseased kidneys. Blueberries are high in antioxidants and rich in vitamin C and fiber.
* Oily fish: Fish provides protein. Eating oily fish like tuna and salmon also provides omega-3 fatty acids. According to the US National Kidney Foundation, omega-3 fats help lower unhealthy blood fats (triglycerides) and lower blood pressure. However, if you already have chronic kidney disease, you should be aware of the phosphorus and potassium levels in fish, so consult a doctor.
* Kale: This nutritious vegetable is low in both potassium and sodium. On the other hand, it is rich in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and other nutrients. Cabbage can also be eaten as a salad.
Read More on
* Cranberry: The fruit helps prevent urinary tract infections. Urinary tract infections usually stay in the bladder, for kidney health but sometimes they can spread to the kidneys. This can lead to increased kidney problems. Eating cranberries regularly can help prevent unwanted situations. Cranberry’s antioxidants also reduce inflammation and improve heart and digestive health.
* Dark green vegetables: Dark green vegetables like spinach or kale can also heal diseased kidneys. However, dark greens also contain good amounts of potassium, so chronic kidney patients should limit the amount as advised by their doctor.
* Olive oil: Rich in antioxidants and healthy fatty acids, olive oil can improve overall health. According to kidney health research from the University of Harvard, olive oil can lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, dementia, and cancer. Olive oil can flavor food without salt, thereby reducing the amount of salt in food.
* Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called allicin. Allicin works similarly to prescription drugs in protecting the kidneys of chronic kidney disease patients. Garlic is a must when making a list of the best foods for kidney health.
* Cauliflower: Rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, and vitamin K, cauliflower contains ingredients that can neutralize some toxins in the body. Cauliflower can be of great help to those with reduced filtration capacity of the kidneys. Cauliflower also contains potassium and phosphorus, so this food should be limited if you have chronic kidney disease. Consult a doctor if necessary for kidney health.
* Egg whites: Egg whites are highly recommended food for people suffering from kidney problems. It helps increase protein in the body, which is very necessary for end-stage chronic kidney patients. Dialysis patients are also advised to consume egg whites for kidney health.
* Apples: Anti-cancer quercetin and fiber in apples can keep cholesterol and blood sugar at healthy levels, thereby keeping kidneys healthy. It is rich in antioxidants. Eat at least one apple every day.
kidney health, kidney health, kidney health, kidney health, kidney health,