How to identify sweet watermelon?
Watermelons are abundant in the market now. Juicy and sweet, this fruit is enough to satisfy both body and mind. Apart from keeping the body cool in summer and reducing dehydration, watermelon has many other health benefits.
Watermelon helps in weight loss, improves eye health, improves liver function, improves muscle and nerve function, and boosts immunity. So health experts advise to eat watermelon in summer.
But the problem is that as easy as eating watermelon is, buying it is not that easy. To get the real taste of watermelon, you need to know the good watermelon. If the watermelon you buy from the market is not good, the pleasure of eating it can be dull.
So here are some ways to recognize a sweet watermelon.
* Select normal shaped watermelons. Oversized watermelons mean that the plant did not receive enough water while in the field. Abnormal spots on watermelon may indicate the presence of insects or fungi.
* Choose round watermelons over oval ones. Oval or oblong watermelons may have more water, but may be tasteless. Round watermelons are usually sweet.
* Don’t be fooled by the bright colors on the outside. Ripe watermelons are usually dark, black in appearance. If it is shiny and bright in color, it is a raw sweet watermelon.
* Take the watermelon in hand and try it. If you see that the watermelon is heavy according to its shape, then you will understand that it is ripe and juicy.
* If you look at the opposite side of the watermelons, you will see yellow spots or yellow spots. This is the ground spot. That is, due to long time in the land, yellow spots are formed. Larger yellow spots mean the watermelon has been in the ground longer to ripen and will be sweeter. And if the opposite side of the watermelon is white, it should be understood that it has been removed while it is still raw. However, some watermelons may not have ground spots.
* If the yellow part of the watermelon has black or brown spots, the watermelon is more likely to be sweet.
* Tap on watermelon to identify sweet watermelon. Although this technique is subjective, it is still a popular method for many to identify a good watermelon. If there is a hard or clanking sound when tapped, the watermelon is usually good. Also feel the vibration under your hand when the watermelon is good.
* Note the droplet portion of the sweet watermelon. If the drop is dry, you will know that the watermelon is ripe.
* It is better if you cut the watermelon before buying it. In this case choose dark red and brown or black beach melons. Avoid watermelons with white streaks and white spots inside.
Some benefits of watermelon
Normally Sweet Hydration
Delicious watermelon is 92% water, so it’s a straightforward method for aiding stay hydrated. Each cell in your body needs water. Indeed, even a little lack can cause you to feel drowsy. Assuming you get truly dried out, it can become serious enough that you want to get liquids by IV.
Relieves Your Skin
Nutrients A, B6, and C in watermelon assist your skin with remaining delicate, smooth, and flexible. Since it’s stacked with water, melon likewise makes an incredible facial covering. Blend 1 tablespoon of watermelon juice in with a similar measure of Greek yogurt. Spread over your face and leave on for 10 minutes to bog off any dry, dull skin. Wash and wipe off.
Fulfills Your Sweet Tooth
A cup of frozen yogurt will hamper you around 300 calories. You can partake in similar measure of watermelon for simply 45.6 calories. Also, dissimilar to numerous different treats, it’s without fat, cholesterol free, and has no sodium. Furthermore, the water in it will assist you with remaining more full longer. To make a simple sorbet, puree some sweet watermelon sweet watermelon in your blender, add a crush of lime, and pop in the cooler until it solidifies.